While budgets grow tighter and the pressure of justifying investments and expenses rises, independent evaluations and progress reviews become increasingly important. They form an essential basis in the successful implementation and continuation of projects, programs and funding instruments.
As a project manager or decision maker, you rely on sound evaluation results in determining budgets and designing new concepts. Our expertise in evaluation will prove helpful in your decision making.
We have successfully accompanied and supported numerous organisations in evaluations. Experience shows that evaluations go beyond simply serving as basis for decision making in the continuation or redesigning of projects and programs.
As well they trigger intensive processes of reflection and learning about one’s own work, its relevance, efficiency and effects. Thus they contribute decisively to the development of an organisation.
Selected examples of various evaluations:
- Project evaluations of the sector projects „Sustainable use of resources in agriculture“ (2012) and „development of rural areas” (2014) commissioned by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Evaluation of „lessons learned“ from 15 years of Fairtrade International producer support (2014/15)
- Evaluation of a reconstruction program following the Haiti earthquake (2011/12) on behalf of Deutsche Welthungerhilfe
- Evaluation of the relevance, efficiency and impact of organisational structures abroad, Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst (2011/12) and Kindernothilfe (2013/14) (evaluation of instruments)
- Evaluation of the impacts of the project „Rural development, Ibadan/Nigeria“ and a local competence center on the situation of the rural population (2014) on behalf of GIZ
- Evaluation of the project „Transboundary Water Resources Management in the Congo Basin“ on behalf of GIZ (2015)